|Mountain View, CA|
||March 2015 - present|
- Developing wireless solutions in Access.
- Working on wireless technologies to expand Internet access.
Ticom Geomatics, Inc.
|Signal Processing and Software Engineer
||May 2012 - Feb 2015|
- Design and implement solutions for geolocating wireless signals.
- Implemented framework for building software-defined radios.
- Software and system architecture design for collection/geolocation systems.
The University of Texas at Austin
|Graduate Research Assistant
||2006 - 2012|
- Developed software architecture for the Hydra testbed.
- Led team of graduate students integrating software/hardware components of Hydra.
- Experimental evaluation of adaptive wireless protocols.
||September 2005 - May 2006|
- Developed code and lab manual for lab component of Wireless Communications Lab.
- Administered lab in spring 2006.
||2002 - 2011|
- Communication Networks: Technology, Architectures, and Protocols (January - May 2011).
- Data Structures (September - December 2007, September - December 2008).
- Wireless Communications Lab (September 2005 - May 2006).
- Computer Architecture (June - August 2002).
||April - June 2007|
- Examine propietary software to determine veracity of patent claims.
Sandia National Laboratories
|Graduate Student Intern
||May - August 2005|
- Developed simulation for channel modeling of networked objects in space.
- Surveyed research literature on cooperative techniques in wireless communication.
||May - August 2001|
- Redesigned interpolation filters for Dynamic Signal Analyzer (DSA) product.
- Developed VHDL design and LabVIEW code to simulate design.
|Co-op in C6x DSP Group
||May - August 2000|
- Designed and developed Board Support Library (BSL) for DSP development board.
|Honors and Awards
|Grand Prize Award for WinCool Wireless Networking Demo Contest
WiNTECH Workshop at ACM MobiCom 2008, San Francisco, CA
|Thrust 2000 Fellowship
||2002 - 2006|
|Microelectronics and Computer Development Fellowship, UT Austin
||2002 - 2004|
|The University of Texas Engineering Program
||1998 - 2002|
- K. Mandke and S. M. Nettles, "Using Software-Defined Radio to Validate Wireless Models in Simulation," 20th IEEE Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2012), Arlington, Virginia, August, 2012. [pdf]
- K. Mandke and S. M. Nettles, ``A Dual-band Architecture for Multi-Gbps Communication in 60 GHz Multi-hop Networks,'' in Proceedings of the International Workshop on mmWave Communications from Circuits to Networks (mmCom 2010), Chicao, IL, Sept. 2010. [pdf]
- W. Kim, O. Khan, K. T. Truong, S. Choi, R. Grant, H. K. Wright, K. Mandke, R. Daniels, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. M. Nettles, ``An Experimental Evaluation of Rate Adaptation for Multi-Antenna Systems,'' in 2009 Proc. of IEEE Infocom (INFOCOM 2009), pp.2313-2321; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 19-25, 2009.
- K. Mandke, R. C. Daniels, S. M. Nettles, and R. W. Heath, Jr., ``On the Challenges of Building a Multi-antenna Software Defined Packet Radio,'' Proceedings of the SDR 08 Technical Conference and Product Exposition, Washington, D.C., Oct. 2008.
- R. C. Daniels, K. Mandke, K. T. Truong, S. M. Nettles, and R. W. Heath, Jr., ``Throughput/Delay Measurements of Limited Feedback Beamforming in Indoor Wireless Networks,'' Proc. of the IEEE Global Comm. Conf., New Orleans, LA, Nov. 2008.
- K. Mandke, R. C. Daniels, S. Choi, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, ``Physical Concerns for Cross-Layer Prototyping and Wireless Network Experimentation,'' to appear in the Proc. of the Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization (WiNTECH), Montreal, Canada, September 10, 2007. [pdf]
- K. Mandke, S. Choi, G. Kim, R. Grant, R. C. Daniels, W. Kim, R. W. Heath, Jr., and S. Nettles, ``Early Results on Hydra: A Flexible MAC/PHY Multihop Testbed,'' in the Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Tech. Conf. , Dublin, Ireland, April 23 - 25, 2007. [pdf]
- T. Tang, K. Mandke, C. Chae, R. W. Heath, Jr., S. M. Nettles, "Multichannel Feedback in OFDM Ad Hoc Networks", in Proc. of of the International Workshop on Wireless Ad-hoc Networks, New York, NY, June 28 - 30, 2006. [pdf]
- K. Mandke, T. S. Rappaport, et. al., "The Evolution of Ultra Wide Band Radio for Wireless Personal Area Networks", High Frequency Magazine, Sept. 2003. [pdf]